Royal family announce sad death of Princess Christina
The Dutch royal house is in mourning today after the sad passing of Princess Christina, at the age of 72.
Dutch Princess Christina, the youngest sister of former Queen Beatrix, died Friday after a battle with bone cancer.
Christina, the youngest of four daughters of the late Queen Juliana and her German-born husband Prince Bernhard, died at the Noordeinde Palace in The Hague, according to the Dutch Royal House.
In a tweet, King Willem-Alexander, Queen Maxima and Beatrix described Christina as “a striking personality with a warm heart.”
“His Majesty King Willem-Alexander, Her Majesty Queen Máxima and Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands are deeply saddened to announce the death of Her Royal Highness Princess Christina of the Netherlands on Friday morning 16 August 2019 at Noordeinde Palace complex in The Hague. The Princess, who had been suffering from bone cancer for several years, was 72,” the official statement read.
Publicity-shy Christina and her former husband Jorge Guillermo, the son of a Cuban doctor, had three children, Bernardo, Nicolas and Juliana.
More details are available of these items if you go to the News Page.
- Holland Hub – Newsletter 42 – November 2018
- Kingdom of the Netherlands June 2019 / Newsletter #54
If anyone has information on the following items please contact the Federation via the WEB site Contact tab.
- Do you Know the where about’s of “Theo Kleras” who ran a Nursery the Northern Beaches of Sydney. Could you please Contact the The Federation of Netherland Soc. and advise of Theo’s location.
- Dutch Football (soccer) in Australia
- Dutch Australian Weekly
- Where abouts of ” Antonius Nicolaas Johannes HEINTJES”